OK, a big nightlife break.
So let’s make sure we boil down the myriad of nightlife options to a type of creme reserved for the strawberries at Wimbledon.
Sala Apolo Barcelona
First off, along with Razzmatazz it can only be described as one half of Barcelona’s clubbing ‘twin towers’ – these massive and legendary clubs have entertained more tourists than all the others put together.
Sala Apolo or just ‘Apolo’ to locals looks like an old theater because it is one. Back in 1943 some pretty groovy people decided to put up a dancing hall, as elegant as it was, and the tradition is carried on even today.
But with louder music.
If you’re looking to let loose and have a ton of fun without pretense this is for you. So let’s put back that last 200 ml of bottom shelf rum, put on our Ghostbusters t-shirts, and get into it! We’ll be out till 6.
Apolo Club Barcelona Schedule
Apolo club is open Monday to Sunday from midnight to 5:00 or 6:00 am, but trust me when I say the party won’t get going until about 2:00 am.
Get there for about 1:30 to make sure you don’t line up.
In the club there is the main room (‘Sala Apolo’) while downstairs you’ll find a smaller room (‘La ’).
- Monday – Sala Apolo: NASTY MONDAY from 00:00 to 5:00 with indie-rock, pop, electro-pop, 80’s, and punk.
- Monday – La : WE ARE  NASTY from 00:00 to 5:00 with new electro, fidget house, and crunk.
- Tuesday – Sala Apolo: CRAPPY TUESDAYS from 00:00 to 5:00 with indie, post-punk, electro-pop, new wave, and rock.
- Wednesday – Sala Apolo: CANIBAL SOUND SYSTEM from 00:30 to 5:00 with mestizaje, reggae, and bass.
- Thursday – Sala Apolo: CUPCAKE from 00:30 to 5:00 with pop, rock, and hits!
- Thursday – La : STASH! from 00:30 to 5:00 with rock’roll.
- Friday and Saturday – Sala Apolo: NITSA CLUB from 00:30 to 6:00 with techno, electro, house, and drum’n’bass.
- Friday and Saturday – La : LA  DE NITSA from 00:30 to 6:00 with garage, soul, rock, and indie.
- Sunday: CHURROS CON CHOCOLATE or QUE TRABAJE RITA! (check the hours on the official site, some are in the afternoon) with dance music that’ll make you laugh. Also they serve churros con chocolate.
- Last Sunday of the month: JAZZ & SWING with the Barcelona Jazz Orchestra.
With the blue button below you’ll be able to buy Sala Apolo tickets in advance online for weekday parties.
Buying like this guarantees your entrance (yes, some nights do sell out) and will include a complimentary drink (wine, beer, or high ball).
Sala Apolo Events and Concerts
Sticking true to its origins you can also find Apolo to be one of Barcelona’s best concert venues, in fact its the busiest concert hall in all of Spain.
Make sure you check the Sala Apolo concert schedule – you might find your favourite artist performing there.
Unfortunately your concert ticket does not include club entrance.
Sala Apolo Dress Code
Simply put, there is no dress code at Apolo. Here you’ll find things as come as you are as it gets, though I don’t suggest pushing your luck.
Examples of things that could cause trouble with bouncers are too much beach wear like flip flops, sports jerseys, or even clothing that’s too formal.
Put on a pair of decent shorts or jeans and a shirt and you’re in.
If you’re crazy enough for a club night on Monday then you might as well go for the craziest. The self-proclaimed hugest rock and roll party in Europe caters to students and tourists immune from the 9 to 5.
So give the finger to Tuesday morning and let DJs Mad Max and Soren whip you up into a frenzy.
Here it’s not uncommon to hear the likes of Prodigy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Ramones, Arctic Monkeys, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Depeche Mode, Metric, Nirvana, Madness, New Order, and more.
Tickets: €15.00 + distribution costs (one drink included) or €16.00 on the door.
VIP entrance: €250.00 + distribution costs (one bottle + entrance for 5 people).
Apolo Club Pre-Game
It wouldn’t be a club night without having a tipple at one of Barcelona’s best bars first – and there a few cool bars near Apolo you can warm up at for cheap.
First of all it wouldn’t hurt to do a little bar crawl down the famous Calle Blai where you’ll find at least half a dozen bars serving €1.00 pintxos and tapas as well as €1.00 bottles of beer.
I suggest La Tasqueta de Blai for their creative and delicious food and young vibe.
There’s also the tapas institution Can Eusebio and its emblematic wooden tables, cheap tapas, and beer so cheap you’ll cancel your return ticket.
Locals also pre-drink in the eclectic Raval neighbourhood and its many hip bars.
Harass Me in the Comments Below
If you still haven’t got enough information about Sala Apolo Barcelona or anything else to do with your night out in Barcelona or holiday in general please get at me in the comments below.
Happy clubbing 🙂