I call it the Barcelona rookie mistake.
A quick search through Tripadvisor’s Park Güell reviews reveals a ton of them:
It’s even worse for the can’t miss Sagrada Familia and its 3 million annual visitors and yet you’d never dream of missing Barcelona’s two biggest attractions: so how do you skip the lines?
The Barcelona City Pass.
With this Barcelona tourist pass you skip lines VIP-style at Barcelona’s top two attractions, get a 20% discount code on virtually everything you can do in the city, and even get central with the city’s best airport transport.
1 – What’s included
2 – Advantages
3 – Tickets and prices
4 – How much money will I save?
5 – Why people buy
6 – The full list of discounts
7 – Validity and restrictions
8 – How to use your pass
9 – FAQ
Why It’s the Ultimate Barcelona Tourist Pass
This super handy digital discount card will take care of the entire holiday from the comfort of your own home by including:
- Sagrada Familia entrance (various options) skipping the lines.
- Park Güell entrance skipping the lines.
- Airport transport with Aerobus (return ticket) or the Girona Airport bus (a €17.00 value).
- A 1 or 2 day pass for the Bus Turistic.
- 20% discounts on Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, the Camp Nou Experience, and more.
- 20% discounts on guided tours, flamenco shows, food, bike tours and other excursions.
No Transport? No Worries
The Barcelona City Pass doesn’t technically include public transport but don’t worry.
You’ll get moving on the cheap as it gives you a 20% discount on the Hola BCN transport card.
Your prices for unlimited public transport end up looking like this:
- 48 hours:
- 72 hours:
- 96 hours:
- 120 hours:
That’s only €5.80 a day for unlimited rides on the metro, buses, trams, and funicular.
It’s also the only discount card that includes the super-quick Aerobus or the Girona airport bus – the others merely give you the overland train or bus options (slow and infrequent).
You can also use the included Bus Turistic as transport and not spend extra money – up to you.
What Are the Advantages?
You Won’t Wait in Lines.
Especially in summer attraction entrances can have lines lasting hours.
With the Barcelona City Pass you use your discount voucher to book all your attraction tickets online in advance, skip the lines, and enjoy your visit hassle free.
You Save Money.
It’s the reason you looked for a discount card in the first place, right?
If you play your cards right and use your discount code on just two other main attractions that you’re going to see anyway (Casa Batllo and Camp Nou for example) you end up saving €9.10.
There’s Nothing to Pick Up.
Unlike other Barcelona discount cards you’ll benefit from the City Pass being all digital. That way you won’t have to worry about picking anything up during rigid office hours or even losing tickets.
Many Barcelona discount passes carry a maximum validity of only a few days, and become more expensive the longer the validity.
This one is valid for one year at a fixed cost: you’ll visit what you want when you want with minimal risk.
How to Buy Your Barcelona City Pass
You’ll get this Barcelona tourist pass via Catalonian institution TicketBar. I’ve been promoting them for 25 months and visitors have been super happy with the results (read the comments section below).
The price of the ticket depends on how many days of Bus Turistic access you want and which Sagrada Familia ticket you opt for.
Click the buttons below for more information on the passes.
Sagrada Familia General Entrance
Here you get basic entrance to explore on your own. While there isn’t a lot of signage explaining things this is great for those wanting to save money or just soak it up with no distractions.
- 1 day Bus Touristic access: €69.50 for adults, €35.00 for children (4 to 10)
- 2 day Bus Touristic access: €79.50 for adults, €39.00 for children (4 to 10)
Sagrada Familia + English Guided Tour
This ticket includes a 90 minute guided tour with an entertaining and experienced guide in English. You’ll learn all there is to know about the world’s coolest church and have some laughs at the same time.
- 1 day Bus Touristic access: €81.50 for adults, €35.00 for children (4 to 10)
- 2 day Bus Touristic access: €91.00 for adults, €39.00 for children (4 to 10)
With Sagrada Familia Towers + Audio Guide
When you buy this City Pass you get access to one of the church’s towers for some pretty cool panoramic views. I recommend the Passion Tower as it’s about 60 feet taller.
- 1 day Bus Touristic access: €89.00 for adults, €35.00 for children (4 to 10)
- 2 day Bus Touristic access: €98.00 for adults, €39.00 for children (4 to 10)
It Still Seems Like A lot – Should I Really Do It?
These are things every tourist is going to do anyway – the money is already spent, it’s just a matter of wanting to pay full price at other attractions or how long you’re willing to wait in line.
Yes, did I mention the lines?
The value of not waiting in line itself is worth the card alone even before the discounts.
What Sets this Discount Card Apart
The Barcelona City Pass allows you to have your entire holiday booked with a few mouse clicks. It’s the only one that lets you do this – the rest involve lining up.
For the price of a paella and a decent of bottle of wine gives you:
- One of the world’s most spectacular interpretations of Gothic architecture at Sagrada Familia.
- Perhaps the greatest urban park in the world, the fairy tale-like Park Guell.
- A return ticket on the city’s most efficient airport transport (with wifi 😉).
- A 1 or 2 day pass on the time saving Bus Touristic giving access to 87 sights on 44 stops.
- 20% discounts on virtually every other sight or activity you’ll do in Barcelona.
NOTE: the 20% discount vouchers can even be applied to already discounted children’s tickets.
It’s also really easy – your tourist pass will arrive via email and all you have to do is print out or download the tickets to your smartphone.
How Is this Different from Other Passes?
If you’ve read about City Pass Barcelona’s sister card the Barcelona Card you’ll know that those discounts are only applied at ticket windows – no line jumping possible here.
With this Barcelona discount card you’ll be able to apply the discount to tickets bought online from the comfort of home and skip the lines later. No other card gives you this option.
THE FULL LIST OF DISCOUNTS
Attractions and Museums – 20% Off
- Casa Batllo + English video guide
- Casa Mila + English audio guide
- Picasso Museum guided tour
- Museum del Modernisme
- Museum of Ideas and Inventions
- Joan Miro
- Catalan National Art Museum (MNAC)
- European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM)
- Origins: the Casa Mila night tour
- Poble Espanyol
- Wax Museum
Excursions – 20% Off
- Camp Nou Experience (FC Barcelona Stadium Tour)
- Las Golandrinas (a Barcelona cruise)
- The Aquarium
- Barcelona Zoo
- Jamon Experience
- Catalan Wine Tasting
- Columbus Monument
- Montjuic Telerific
- Gaudi Experience
Guided Tours – 20% Off
Nightlife – 20% Off
- Party Nightcard (entrance to more than a dozen nightclubs)
- Flamenco Show Tabao Cordobes
- Flamenco Show Barrio Gotico
- Opera and Flamenco
- Gran Gala Flamenco
Bike Tours- 20% Off
- Highlight Bike Tour
- Gaudi Bike Tour
- Tapas Bike Tour
- Segway Tour
Outside the City Tours – 20% Off
- Figueres, Dali, and Girona
- Wine & Cava Tour
- Montserrat & the Crypt of Gaudi
- Costa Brava Tour (half and full day)
- Portaventura Amusement Park
- La Roca Village shopping experience
- Girona & Montserrat
- Isla Fantasia water park
VALIDITY AND DURATION
The Barcelona City Pass is valid from the moment of purchase until 5 days after your arrival in Barcelona (arrival date is mandatory when purchasing).
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you’ll be forced to visit all the attractions during this time, it only means that the 20% discount code will be activated during this period. You can schedule the visits for whatever date you want.
CAREFUL: some of you have noticed that if you try and get this Barcelona discount card today you won’t be able to select the next two days as an arrival date: this is because TicketBar needs time to organise the visits to Sagrada Familia and Park Guell.
On the fly you’ll be able to lie about your arrival date yet request the visits of these two attractions according to the available days in the calendar. All tickets arrive by email within 24 hours.
How to Use the Barcelona City Pass
It’s almost too easy – if you have any problems get at me in the comments below.
- Enter TicketBar’s website using the blue button above.
- Indicate your arrival date and arrival airport (El Prat or Girona).
- Choose the # of tourist passes you want and the number of Bus Turistic days needed.
- Select your time to visit Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell.
- Check your email for your purchase receipt.
- Within 24 hours you’ll get a second email with all the attraction tickets and airport transfer.
- Here you receive your 20% discount codes on other city attractions with links to websites to redeem them.
- Show up with the tickets you’ve been sent via email and skip the lines!
A Few Exceptions
The following attractions can be accessed by showing passes on a smart phone: Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell, Aerobus, Bus Turistic, Teleferica del Montjuïc, all walking and bike tours, and flamenco shows.
The only thing you’ll need to pick up at a brick and mortar location is the Hola Bcn. This is done at either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 of the airport or in Placa Catalunya between 8:30 and 20:30 at “Barcelona Turisme” windows. All pickup points are closed December 25th and January 1st.
Remember, the discount card can’t be used at ticket windows and is valid only online.
A further explanation of redeeming discounts for this Barcelona tourist card can be found here.
Does the Online City Pass include public transport?
No, the only transport included is the 1 or 2 day Bus Turistic pass and your airport transfer with Aerobus.
Can I use the 20% discount to get an Hola Bcn transport card?
If I visit for 6 days and buy two Hola Bcns for 4 days and 2 days do I get discounts on both?
Do I have to pick anything up?
No, welcome to Barcelona visitor pass heaven 😛 All tickets and discount codes are done online.
Do I absolutely have to select my visiting dates for Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell?
Yes, it’s fundamental for getting your tickets sent.
If I wasn’t asked for a visit date for Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell what do I do?
Send an email to [email protected] with your booking number and desired visit time.
For other attractions that require a date and time, can I select whatever I want?
I received the booking confirmation but didn’t get the tickets, what do I do?
Ticketbar promises to have all tickets emailed within 24 hours so if less than 24 hours have passed you’ll simply have to wait. In the odd case they don’t arrive within this period write to [email protected] with your booking number.
How long can I use the discount?
The discount is valid from the second you buy the pass until 5 days after your indicated arrival.
Can I use the discount code on any website?
No, discount codes can only be used through the links you’ll be provided in the email.
Can I use the discount code at ticket windows?
Do I have to visit all the attractions within 5 days of my arrival?
No, attractions can be visited at any time as long as tickets are purchased within 5 days of arrival.
Am I gonna save money with the City Pass?
If you use the Barcelona City Pass for only two more attractions, yes.
To skip the lines do I have to show my visitor pass?
No, in reality the pass is digital so there’s nothing to show. What allows you to skip the lines are the attraction tickets you’ve purchased with the pass.
Please Harass the Hell Outta Me in the Comments
I dunno about you but this is probably the best Barcelona discount pass in circulation at the moment: having everything booked from the comfort of home, skipping lines, and saving money… is there anything missing here?
If you’ve got any more questions about the Barcelona City Pass or anything else related to your holiday get at me in the comments below.
And for those who bought it, do tell me how it went 😉