We’ve all made the mistake.
You get home from holiday and empty the transport ticket graveyard you call your pockets and find: the right ones, the wrong ones, unused extras, the one that wasn’t valid for that other thing…
Luckily the good folks at Tourism Barcelona have given us The Barcelona Card.
With this practically exceptionless Barcelona tourist card you’ll get around the city plus have free admission to some of the city’s most important attractions and get discounts at 80+ locations.
The Advantages of Having a Barcelona Card
- UNLIMITED TRANSPORT including bus, metro, tram, overland rail, and the Montjuic funicular.
- AIRPORT TRANSPORT from Barcelona airport to city centre.
- FREE ENTRY to 25 Barcelona museums and attractions like the Antoni Tàpies Foundation, the Joan Mirò, MACBA Contemporary Art Museum, the Catalan Modernism Museum, Botanical Gardens, the Chocolate Museum, CaixaForum, CosmoCaixa and more.
- DISCOUNTS to 85 Barcelona institutions like Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Camp Nou, Casa Batllo, the theme parks at Tibidabo and Portaventura, the Wax Museum, the Sex Museum, the Aquarium and Zoo, Poble Espanyol, Palau de la Musica, and much more.
- TOUR AND SHOW DISCOUNTS on bike tours, scooters, walking tours, flamenco shows etc.
- RESTAURANT AND SHOPPING discounts.
- A MAP OF THE CITY and a METRO MAP
- A FREE CITY GUIDE in English.
Add it up yourself by checking out the full list of Barcelona Card advantages.
Where to Buy the Barcelona Card
You can buy this Barcelona transport pass via the official Barcelona Tourism Office.
By clicking the button below you’ll reach their site for a special 5% online discount.
Barcelona Card Prices
Your Barcelona tourist card is valid anywhere from 48 to 120 hours so costs shift accordingly.
- 48 hours: €19.00 adults / €19.00 kids (Barcelona Card Express)
- 72 hours: €42.75 adults / €19.95 kids
- 96 hours: €52.25 adults / €25.65 kids
- 120 hours: €57.00 adults / €30.40 kids
Validity begins the second you use it for the first time.
For example, if you use a 72 hour card for the first time at 8 pm on the 1st of the month the card will expire at 8 pm on the 4th of the month.
What Do I Get With the Barcelona Card Express?
The Barcelona Card Express is a new product introduced for those with little time to visit the city.
The only difference between this and other Barcelona Card options is there are no entrances included – only discounts for the main attractions.
By clicking the button below you’ll get a 5% discount booking online with Barcelona Turisme.
Barcelona Card Pickup Points
Simply print out the voucher and show it at the following locations:
- Airport Terminal T1 and Terminal 2. Every day from 8:30 to 20:30.
- Barcelona Airport Metro Stations (T1 and T2). 8:30 to 21:00.
- Plaza Catalunya. Number 17-S near the Hard Rock Cafe and the giant ‘i’ with the underground escalator. Every day from 8:30 to 20:30.
- Sants Estació. Plaça Paisos Catalans. Every day from 8:30 to 20:30.
- Placa Espanya. Every day from 9:00 to 15:00. Jun-Sept from 8:30 to 20:30.
- Sagrada Familia. Every day from 9:00 to 15:00. Jun-Sept from 8:30 to 20:30.
- The Columbus Statue. Plaça Portal de la Pau. Every day from 8:30 to 20:30.
- Plaza Sant Jaume. In Carrer Ciutat 2. Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 20:30. Saturdays 9:00 to 19:00. Sundays and public holidays: from 9:00 to 14:00.
Note: the Barcelona metro station pickup points (L9S) are the best option for late arriving flights – at either station simply look for the Barcelona Turisme information point to pick up your tourist card.
All Barcelona Card ticket offices are closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
A Few Barcelona Card Hacks
- If you’re there for X days, get it for X days. Remember: public transport is included in the card and a day of normal public transport sets you back €10-15!
- Pick it up at the airport. You’re already there and I’ve heard of trouble finding other pick up spots.
REMEMBER: to book tours with a 50% Barcelona Card discount you’ll need to send an email to [email protected] letting them know which day you’ll be touring.
You have to book at least one day in advance and take the tour during the validity of your travel card. You need to show your cards the day of the tour.
Barcelona Card FAQ
How much money can I realistically save using my Barcelona Card?
With average travel, airport transport, a few free entrances, and just a few discounts at places you’ll be seeing anyway in any half-decent 3 day Barcelona itinerary you can easily save €20.00-€50.00 or more.
Can I skip lines with the Barcelona Card?
To get your entrance discounts using this pass you’ll have to show up to ticket booths.
If you’re looking for a Barcelona tourist card that allows you to skip lines and book everything online then check out the Barcelona City Pass.
Is it better to get the Barcelona Card or the Hola Bcn Card?
They’re both different products. The Barcelona Card includes unlimited public transport and free entrance to certain attractions while the Hola Bcn offers only unlimited transport.
At any rate I’ve prepared a page explaining the difference between these two discount cards so you can make the proper decision based on your needs.
Is my Barcelona tourist card valid for airport transport from Girona or the Aerobus?
No, this Barcelona transport pass applies to city and public transport services.
Which Airport transport is included in the Barcelona Card?
With your Barcelona Card you’ll be able to take the airport train or bus 46 into the city. The bus is only recommended for late night or early morning departures/arrivals when the first/last train has already departed.
The first train departs from Barcelona Airport at 05:42 and the last one leaves at 23:38. There are two trains an hour with service to Barcelona Sants, Passeig de Gracia, and El Clot.
For your flight home the first train departs Passeig de Gracia at 05:13 with the last one departing at 23:07.
Which Airport transport is best for my hotel/hostel/Airbnb?
Leave me a message below with your hotel, hostel, or Airbnb and I’ll let you know how to get in quickly.
Do I have to book for the Picasso Museum?
No, regardless of what it says on the card the Picasso Museum has confirmed that Barcelona Card holders can show up at the ticket windows at 23 Carrer de Montcada where they’ll get express entrance.
Is the Barcelona Card valid for days or hours?
The Barcelona Card is valid for consecutive hours. If you validate a 72 hour pass at 6 pm on Friday that means you’ll have until 6 pm on Monday to take advantage of the deals and transport.
What do I need to pick up my Barcelona Card?
A printed out copy of the voucher sent at the moment of purchase + one piece of ID.
What happens if I buy a Barcelona Card for more than one traveller?
Only the booking party will have to enter their data on the web and show ID to pick them up.
What do I get in the free guide?
You’ll get all the information on Barcelona’s main attractions, a handy city and metro map, and a booklet full of coupons to redeem for free offers.
Can I split up the time?
No. The Barcelona Card is valid for consecutive hours and cannot be used in any other way.
Can my Barcelona Card discounts be combined with any other offers?
Can my Barcelona card expire?
From the moment of purchase it is valid the calendar year plus the first six months of the next year.
Can I change/cancel my Barcelona Card?
All change and cancellation inquiries can be made to [email protected]
Is the transport valid in all of Barcelona?
In all of zone one yes. This is a huge area and you probably won’t be travelling outside it – not to worry.
What do you recommend for a young traveler or student?
For those lucky enough to be young 😉 this transport card may be slightly inconvenient.
Most attraction discounts you get with the Barcelona Card already apply to you (ie. Sagrada Familia gives a €2.00 youth/student discount) – as mentioned before, these discounts cannot be combined.
My advice is buy single discounted tickets online and use the Hola BCN for transport.
Can I use it on the Montjuïc Cable Car or the Tram Blau?
No. Transport to Montjuïc via the cable car or Tibidabo are not included.
If you want to get to Montjuic you can access the funicular using the Barcelona Card by connecting at Paral-lel metro station.
Hit Me Up in the Comments Below
If you’re still not sure about this Barcelona tourist card then write me with any questions below.
And as always I’m here to answer any question you have about your Barcelona holiday, no question is too ridiculous!
Happy travelling 🙂